14 Jul Data Engineer
Accurat wants to change the way decision making is done by providing real-world behaviour insights. We heavily rely on big data & machine learning. As we raised 1.1 mio euros to cover our growth in the Benelux and towards Europe, we are expanding our team. We are a fast growing company, working for brands including Delhaize, Lidl, Brico, Hubo, Telenet, Aveve, X2O, Clear Channel amongst others.
At accurat.ai data is key for what we do. And we have lots of it! Our goal is to use this data to construct accurate real-world behaviour insights of mobile users. Data insights range from places and events users attend, in which context (eg. weather condition), to what estimated demographics they belong… all based on their real-world behaviour.
To make this possible, a lot of data has to be searched, collected, processed and kept up-to-date.
To help us with this challenge, we are looking for an enthusiast data engineer to join our team. The main responsibilities will be to construct pipelines to collect and clean data from the web (eg. real-time weather sources, government data…), in an optimal way so it can process large sets of data and keep it up-to-date.
You will report to our CTO and are part of the data team including data scientists and data engineers.
What’s on our wish list?
- you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field
- fluent in python
- fluent in developing with databases (MySQL)
- knowledge of Git and Linux
- you speak fluent Dutch and/or English
- hands-on attitude and comfortable in a fast-moving start-up environment
- experience with data collection and processing is a plus
Experience with any of the following is considered a plus
- experience with (Google) Cloud technology
- geo-spatial data processing
- data engineering technologies (Dataflow, Bigquery…)
We can offer a fun environment (near Ghent), the expertise and support to make you grow together with our company and the trust and freedom to build a career in big data & data engineering. And we can discuss some other benefits too off course ;-).