15 Oct Data Statistical Expert
Data Statistical Expert
Ipsos is looking for enthusiastic data driven people to expand our European Public Affairs team
Who is Ipsos?
At Ipsos, we are proud to call ourselves the home of researchers! Because we are one of the world’s largest market research companies with more than 18,000 employees and can be found in not less than 90 countries.
For our European and international clients – government, academic, non-profit and NGOs – we are looking to expand our team, so we can deliver on our promise to be their essential research partner for high caliber solutions that withstand scrutiny. The European Public Affairs Team is strategic unit in Ipsos with our core team located in Leuven. We are part of the larger Ipsos Public Affairs network that connects researchers from around the globe who are expert in designing and managing social research studies using the full range of quantitative and qualitative approaches. Leveraging on this network, the European Public Affairs hub in Belgium is dedicated to further growing the business of Ipsos in International and European Public Affairs.
What are we looking for?
You are a problem solver. Multi-tasking is your middle name. You enjoy working in fast paced environment and are highly proficient in English. If yes, have a look at the different opportunities!
DATA & STATISTICAL EXPERT
We welcome applications from experienced Data Management Specialists and Statisticians.
- A master’s degree, preferably in the social sciences, statistics, or information systems
- A background in quantitative methods and sampling techniques
- Demonstrable relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years
- Knowledge of a statistical software R, SPSS is essential. Advanced Excel skills essential, familiarity with designing macros in excel is a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as to lead small teams to deliver complex tasks
- An independent learner, with interest in optimizing data processes and enjoys complex data sets
Your responsibilities will at the minimum cover
- Leading on planning and management of data processing operations for complex multi-country survey projects, with a focus on improving processes
- Preparing and quality assuring samples for different survey modes and sampling methods, running quality checks on the collected data in an efficient manner, and preparing weighting variables
- Taking up a research advisory role toward other team members at Ipsos and managing client relationships regarding data-related issues to ensure high-quality data deliverables
- Helping to grow the business by contributing to research proposals and improving and supporting efficient processes