06 Jan Deep Dive: the changing role of the research & insights department
Change has always been a dominant factor in businesses, marketing & research and this current Covid-19 period might have even accelerated many changes.
The competitive field has become broader for many companies, we see an acceleration in digitization, data comes from various sources and departments, DIY-tools become better and more popular,…
During this online event we give you an updated view how the role of CMI is changing.
12:05 – 12:20 ‘Insight: we need to go bigger, deeper and better’ by David Smith
- Description: David will tell the story from Esomar studies with insights leaders on how we need to get into the business of identifying and helping organisations seek strategic business opportunities in a timely way – using agile, not just traditional, research methods. He will go into three challenges we still need to address: going bigger, going deeper, being better.
- Bio: David Smith is a Director of DVL Smith, an insights training and consulting agency. He is also a Professor at the University of Hertfordshire Business School. DVL Smith has won many of the industry’s most coveted awards including Best Paper, Best Case Study, Best Methodology and Best Presented awards from ESOMAR, the Market Research Society, and the Business Intelligence Group. David is also the author of several books.
12.20 – 12:30 ‘Main shifts in research & insights industry’ by Wim Hamaekers or Katia Pallini
- Description: Wim or Katia will talk about main shifts such as the increase of DIY, integration of customer centricity in business processes and the shift at the one hand to added value providers and at the other hand data & insights commoditization providers.
- Bio Katia Pallini: With 10 years of experience working in research innovation, Katia now works as content marketer, translating the research side of things in easily digestible content. She has presented her work in research innovation at a broad range of (industry) congresses (e.g. IIEX, ESOMAR, MRMW, MOA, Magnify…) and is a regular guest lecturer at universities and business schools.
- Bio Wim Hamaekers: Wim has more than 25 years of experience in the industry and has worked with a variety of methods and techniques on both the client side and the agency side. Due to the disruption in the industry, driven by an explosion of technological solutions, Wim has specialized in the smart use of knowledge and technology in recent years to provide sharp yet profound insights. Wim is a frequently asked speaker and has written many award winning papers in the industry (Esomar, IIEX, MOA,…).
12.30 – 12:45 ‘Trends in customer understanding from a client perspective’ by Nicole Huyghe
- Description: Is customer centricity still a key priority for businesses today? Or more so than before? And what if budgets are not there to invest in customer understanding? To get a broader view on how customer centricity is looked at today, Nicole talked to 10 senior marketing and customer insights leaders Worldwide, across a broad variety of sectors. Sectors doing well because of Covid, as well as those being impacted badly. Nicole will share the key highlights of what she learned during these very insightful chats.
- Bio: Nicole Huyghe is the CEO and founder of boobook, an international consultancy company, specialised in consumer analytics. Boobook are experts in supporting companies with developing better product and pricing propositions, targeting the right customers and with building customer value through influencing the customer journey and experience.
12.45 – 13.15 Lively panel conversation on the changing role of the research & insights department with David Smith, Nicole Huyghe and 2 client-side senior insights people
Registrations for this event are free.
In collaboration with: