14 Nov Insights & Strategy Specialist
Who you are
As a person you:
– Are motivated by increasing customer value and thinking consumer and customer first and eager to understand what it takes to build brand desire
– Are driven by people, the IKEA business and continuously driving better performance
– Are passionate about understanding consumer behaviour, detecting trends and following market dynamics
– Are driven by curiosity and eager to inspire people
– Are a strong team player, but independent in your ways of working
– Have a hand on and problem solving mentality
– A Bachelor or Master degree in marketing, economics, statistics or related
– A minimum of 5 years of experience in consumer and customer insights and data analysis.
– Good knowledge and experience in using various consumer research methodologies to address a business need (both quantitative and qualitative research as well as structuring and analyzing complex datasets)
– Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert data into commercially viable insights as well as good leadership capabilities with the ability to explain, transmit the insights and make it understandable for key stakeholders in an inspirational way
– In addition, you have the ability to prioritise and make decisions with speed and simplicity and to take a holistic view of a global organisation
– An experience in retail, preferably in the home furnishing sector, is not a must
– Strong communication and influencing skills (fluent in English – written and spoken). Next to that, a good knowledge of one of the local languages (Dutch – French) is an asset.
This role is located in Zaventem, the headquarters for IKEA Belgium.
In the role as Insights & Strategy Specialist, you are responsible for driving the creation and sharing of actionable consumer and customer insights to enable better informed strategies, plans and decisions for IKEA Belgium and Luxembourg. You are responsible for driving consumer and customer understanding to inform the main internal business partners within marketing and sales on how to create value for our customers and consumers, while delivering growth for the business.
In this role you will report to the Country Consumer & Customer Insights Manager.
– Act as a member of the C&CI (consumer & customer insights) team and proactively contribute to C&CI plan/output in order to deliver to the common objectives and goals
– Collect and synthetize market and competition, societal trends, consumer, customer, brand and internal data
– Translate the different pieces of information into business insights through in depth analysis
– Being the main speaking partner for internal stakeholders (marketing, sales, expansion, people & culture, customer experience, after sales, logistics): understanding their needs, translating their needs into research briefs, advising on research methodology, conducting desk research and coordinating market research projects, delivering conclusions and acting as their partner in strategic reflection.
– Act as the main speaking partner for our 8 stores by translating national insights, for both Belgium and Luxembourg and into actionable local insights
– Adopt and implement global tools, methodologies and solutions to collect and share insights.
– Create new tools where necessary through collaboration with external research agencies – managing and guiding them towards relevant insights
– Support the further development of the performance culture within IKEA by following up on KPIs, customer satisfaction across all touchpoints
– Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, be a role model of the IKEA values and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
Together as a team
Our team is the voice of IKEA. We use words, pictures and videos to tell the story about IKEA, to build our brand and inspire people with our offer. We bounce ideas back and forth, we challenge each other and we are crazy passionate about communication. Of course we’re also the ones who make sure to keep all our fellow co-workers informed, engaged and connected in a constantly changing business environment.
If you grow, IKEA grows! Discover together with us the opportunities for your career in an inspiring work environment within an international context. A place where entrepreneurs get the chance to do what they do best. There are a lot of possibilities to grow together!
Next to that, we offer you a competitive salary with extra-legal benefits like an extended insurance package, staff discount, an IKEA bonus based on the commercial results of our stores, a reward for your loyalty to IKEA (TACK pension saving program) and much more!