01 Mar Market Intelligence Analyst
Market Intelligence Analyst
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life – and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Market Intelligence team at GfK generates valuable insights for our clients on what products are selling, when, where and for how much. This allows our clients to better understand and anticipate changing market and channel dynamics and identify areas where action needs to be taken. To do so, GfK collects the sales data from retailers in Belgium in different sectors, like Consumer Electronics, Small & Major Domestic Appliances, Stationary, IT, Telecom, DIY, Entertainment…
For our Market Intelligence team, located in Leuven, we are looking for a proactive and motivated Market Intelligence Analyst to translate this data into relevant insights. You will be working primarily with our clients in the Home Improvement (DIY & Garden) sector.
As Market Intelligence Analyst, you will have following key accountabilities:
- You analyse market data and translate this data into insights for our clients.
- You follow up on incoming requests and ensure client service is delivered to the agreed standards.
- You create tailormade reports and presentations.
- You build up experience and knowledge of the DIY & Garden sector, which will allow you to autonomously present these reports to our clients at a later stage.
Now that we’ve introduced you to the position as Market Intelligence Analyst, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- You preferably have 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience; market research knowledge is a plus.
- You have robust analytical skills, have an eye for detail and high quality standards.
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office, enjoy crunching numbers and working with analytics tools.
- You can set the right priorities and enjoy working independently as well as in team.
- You have excellent communication skills and like to build client relationships.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English. Good knowledge of French is a plus.
We offer a welcoming workplace in the heart of Leuven, within a 10 minute walking distance from the city centre and the train station. We believe in a work hard, play hard mentality and we take care of our GfK family atmosphere with initiatives such as weekly fresh fruit, fresh soup during the winter, fruit salad in the summer, monthly get-together initiatives & events. We are a socially active, ethical and honest company that provides an inclusive workplace for all.
Apply now! Become a member of GfK Belgium’s Market Intelligence team.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!