14 Jul Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Accurat wants to change the way decision making is done by providing real-world behaviour insights. We heavily rely on big data & machine learning. As we raised 1.1 mio euros to cover our growth in the Benelux and towards Europe, we are expanding our team. We are a fast growing company, working for brands including Delhaize, Lidl, Brico, Hubo, Telenet, Aveve, X2O, Clear Channel amongst others.
Our machine learning pipeline starts with millions of raw GPS coordinates of mobile users. A first model estimates the places the users visited, the event they went to and the locations they passed by (eg. billboards). In addition, a user’s home and work location are estimated, the distances he travels per day, his transport modes etc. This data is used in our audience model which calculates all audiences of the users, eg. car commuters, Delhaize visitors or people ‘having kids’. Finally, all this information is analyzed to answer questions of our clients: What is the number of visits per day at my store? What kind of audiences do I attract more than my competitors? What was the impact of my last campaign?
To maintain, improve and extend our machine learning models, we are looking for an experienced machine learning engineer to join our team. You will report to our CTO and collaborate in a team of multiple data scientists. As a senior hire becoming our lead data scientist is part of your career opportunities.
What’s on our wish list?
- you have a master’s degree or PhD in computer engineering or a related field
- you have a minimum of 3 years of work experience or 3 years of research experience (e.g. PhD) with Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- you have strong mathematical skills (as in: statistics don’t scare the sh*t out of you 😉)
- experience in designing and deploying machine learning pipelines
- you can analyze data, perform statistical analysis, and clearly report your findings
- fluent in python (pandas, scikit-learn…)
- fluent in developing with databases (MySQL)
- knowledge of Git and Linux
- you speak fluent Dutch and/or English
- hands-on attitude and comfortable in a fast-moving start-up environment
Experience with any of the following is considered a plus
- experience with (Google) Cloud technology
- geo-spatial data processing
- data engineering technologies (Dataflow, Bigquery…)
We can offer a fun environment (near Ghent), the expertise and support to make you grow together with our company and the trust and freedom to build a career in big data & machine learning. And we can discuss some other benefits too off course ;-).